I was shocked recently, when software for excellent photo management was needed. A whole lot of newer options involving web servers, cloud hosts, etc., but very little simple and powerful, and some standards of yore are gone. However. One is not:
XnView has been around for decades, XnView MP is their new thorough revision. I tested a pile of these things, and XnView MP is by far the best, features and speed and design friendly for both new user and the technical.
Here are the others I tested:
- Irfanview (has features, much less friendly)
- nomacs (lacking features)
- digiKam (too slow, crashy)
- jpegview (lacking features)
- FastStone Image Viewer (lacking batch resize)
- ImageGlass Spider (lacking features)
- ACDSee Photo Studio (expensive, overkill, bloatware)
- Various Adobe products (expensive and overkill, or free and lacking features)
If you have better, please do let me know!
are offering an applet called “ProduKey”, which recovers keys for Office 2010, Windows 7, and lots of other things.
If the GUI won’t connect, find this file:
and then find an area which looks like this:
<setting name="password" serializeAs="String">
and remove everything between and . Then restart the ImageManager service, and you will be able to connect with no password.
If the Outlook 2007 window cannot be opened, run the following command line:
and try again.
Here is a document:
It is recommended that the following procedure be used:
a) Disable services
b) Remove everything possible using rmdir /s while terminating processes
d) Disable one more service
e) Complete the task using the Revo Uninstaller tool (see previous post).