Here’s a great tool, free of charge:
Remove Duplicate Items in Outlook 2010 and Before
article #990, updated 148 days ago
Fix AutoComplete in Outlook - size maximum!
article #963, updated 238 days ago
AutoComplete, in Outlook, has a maximum number of contacts by default. This is either 1,000 or 2,000, depending on version, and can be changed by registry entry. One of the symptoms which shows up, is AutoComplete showing email addresses only for some entries, and not names.
The fix is here:
If you were using Exchange 2013 or later with Outlook 2013 or later, it is thought that AutoComplete may repair itself once the maximum has been sufficiently set. If automatic repair doesn’t occur, you’ll have to manually remove AutoComplete items and recreate.
Shared contacts folders in ShoreTel Communicator
article #904, updated 413 days ago
Recent versions of ShoreTel Communicator have a lot of trouble handling shared contacts folders as found in Outlook. But there is a fix:
- The user must be a local admin.
- The install requires that Communicator and Outlook be not running. There is a click within the setup utility to make sure of this.
- Click within the installer, to install.
- Reboot the PC.
- Log in as the user again. Open ShoreTel Communicator, Tools/Options…, Outlook, Upload Options. See multiple items, all checked. This confirms successful installation.
- Open Outlook, make sure all ShoreTel plugins are not disabled.
- Open the Directory tab in Communicator, this is where they will show up; attempt a search on a common first name (e.g., “Joe”), this will prove that it is working.
Protected View for attachments in Outlook
article #830, updated 595 days ago
Recent versions of Outlook have something called Protected View, which can make handling of attachments more complicated. It can be turned off:
Outlook 2010 main window will not come up
article #827, updated 614 days ago
Forward as Attachment in Outlook
article #816, updated 632 days ago
Automatically backup PSTs
article #772, updated 769 days ago
From the amazing Matt Quick:
Automatic PST backups for Outlook versions 2002, 2003, 2007:
Can be made to work with Outlook 2010:
And something new for Outlook 2013:
How to replace AutoComplete in Outlook 2010/2013
article #742, updated 849 days ago
- Take Outlook Offline. Go to the Send/Receive tab, click “Work Offline”, and wait for this to be reported in the connection area in the lower-right corner.
- Compose a new email. Include in its “To:” field, the entire contents of “Suggested Contacts” and address books and anything else which should be included.
- Send the email. Because Outlook is Offline, it won’t be sent, but AutoComplete will be repopulated.
- Delete the email from your Outbox!!!
- Take Outlook Online again.
Setting up Outlook for Office 365 / Exchange Online Etcetera
article #733, updated 888 days ago
For Outlook 2007: