As of version 2019 (and possibly before), QuickBooks has a new feature: native support of Office 365 webmail and some other major email providers. When users send email via QuickBooks, go to Preferences, Send Forms, and instead of choosing Outlook, choose Webmail, and then set up integration with the user’s Exchange Online account. Works much smoother, faster, more reliably.
Sending email via QuickBooks
article #1356, updated 37 days ago
In Outlook, invitation emails go away; here's how to keep them
article #1292, updated 323 days ago
Enabling disabled Office add-ins automatically
article #1274, updated 378 days ago
When an Outlook plugin will not enable or reenable
article #1273, updated 384 days ago
Sometimes, newer versions of Outlook will hard-fail a plugin, so that none of the standard GUI changes will permit it to reenable. When this happens, you can override by deleting everything here:
This does enable every plugin, so there is a bit of danger.
Fix Outlook in situ!
article #1228, updated 583 days ago
At long last, as found by the astonishing Tharin Brown, we are given an Outlook repair tool that really works!!!:
Outlook cleaner upper from Microsoft
article #1124, updated 870 days ago
Clean Microsoft Outlook
article #1121, updated 875 days ago
Outlook has many command line options. Several of them do various forms of cleanup, and this can help Outlook performance a lot. To do them all (as of Outlook 2013 and 2016):
C:\CLEANOUTLOOK.CMDcontaining the below:
"outlook.exe" ^ /cleanconvongoingactions ^ /cleandmrecords ^ /cleanips ^ /cleanmailtipcache ^ /cleanreminders ^ /cleanroamedprefs ^ /cleansniff
- Find a working Outlook shortcut, do a Shift-Rightclick on it, and choose “Open file location”
- Copy that path (e.g.,
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16), paste it into a non-administrative CMD after CD, to get the CMD into that folder
Forward an Outlook contact group outside the company
article #1120, updated 878 days ago
If one has a Contact Group within Outlook which contains any in-company contacts, and you try to forward it outside the company, you will find that the receiver doesn’t get much. There is a way to do this:
- First open the contact group into its own window.
- Open Forward Group, and choose In Internet Format (vCard).
- Send the result to your recipient. This does not generate or send a standard vCard, but it does do something we need.
- Receive the email. It will have a .txt file attached which looks something like the below.
Contact Group Name: Test Contact group Members: Firstname1 Lastname1 firstname.lastname@example.org Firstname2 Lastname2 email@example.com Firstname3 Lastname3 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copy to clipboard, the lines of the txt file which contain names and email addresses.
- Create a blank Contact Group of appropriate name.
- Click Add Members, From Outlook Contacts. A box named Select Members: Contacts will come up.
- Paste the copied lines, directly into the white box to the right of the word “Members” in the Select Members: Contacts box.
- Click OK, and the new Contact Group will be created appropriately.
Set PST/OST maximum size by Group Policy
article #1114, updated 888 days ago
Once you install the Office 2016 templates:
you can set the maximum sizes:
Outlook command-line switches
article #1106, updated 905 days ago
This is a very long list, the most complete list I’ve seen:
Lots of possibilities for cleanup and fixup.