Recent versions of ShoreTel Communicator have a lot of trouble handling shared contacts folders as found in Outlook. But there is a fix:
- The user must be a local admin.
- The install requires that Communicator and Outlook be not running. There is a click within the setup utility to make sure of this.
- Click within the installer, to install.
- Reboot the PC.
- Log in as the user again. Open ShoreTel Communicator, Tools/Options…, Outlook, Upload Options. See multiple items, all checked. This confirms successful installation.
- Open Outlook, make sure all ShoreTel plugins are not disabled.
- Open the Directory tab in Communicator, this is where they will show up; attempt a search on a common first name (e.g., “Joe”), this will prove that it is working.